Extraordinary Benefits of Lemon for Human Health
Extraordinary Benefits of Lemon for Human Health - In everyday life, I have experienced the benefits of putting lemons in our food from lemon juice in the morning to making lemon juice as a whole, putting all the lemons into smoothies, etc.
The leader of the women's service group I asked me to give a presentation about the benefits of fruit, I chose to research more about the benefits of lemon therapy and this is what I found. Lime also has similar therapeutic benefits, so if you are in a place where lime is more easily available, you might be able to replace lime with lemon.
Lemon Fruit History
Lemon originated from India, then spread globally to temperate and tropical regions in the world. They are sought after by early sailors to prevent or treat vitamin C deficiency, also known as scurvy.
It grows on green shrubs and trees produce yellow fruits that are practically most of the year. This is very valuable in the manufacturing industry for lemon oil, lemon juice, pectin, and citric acid.
Content in Lemon
Medically, lemon has been used for centuries. They have strong antibacterial and antiviral properties. Lemon contains vitamin C or ascorbic acid, citric acid (gives lemon sour taste), flavonoids, vitamin B complex, potassium, magnesium, calcium, copper, phosphorus, iron, and fiber.
This fruit is low in calories - 29 calories per 100 grams - does not contain saturated fat or cholesterol. Although lemon is acidic when eaten, lemon has an alkaline effect and blood purification.
How to get the benefits of Lemon fruit
For optimal benefits, drink lemon water in the morning on an empty stomach. If you are less than 150 lbs - use 1/2 lemon squeezed into a glass of pure water and drink twice a day.
If you are more than 150 pounds of squeezed whole lemon juice in a glass of pure water and drink twice a day.
Lemon benefits for health:
1) Lemon helps fight colds and influenza:
Lemon contains large amounts of vitamin C (88 percent of the recommended daily allowance), it is an antioxidant that is soluble in water.
It is widely known that consuming foods high in vitamin C helps the body develop resistance to infections and also removes harmful free radicals from the blood.
Free radicals attach to healthy cells that damage them and their membranes, causing painful inflammation and swelling.
In the book Back To Eden by Jethro Kloss his recommendation for influenza: Add lemon juice to a large glass of hot water, while soaking your feet in a bucket of hot water about 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
While adding hot water is tolerated or about 110 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes, or until it sweats. Drink lemon juice every hour until the symptoms disappear.
2) Lemon Helps defecate:
The juice of 1 lemon in 1 liter of warm water first thing in the morning has laxative properties. This will remove waste material from the intestines out.
You can also mix 2 tsp of flaxseed oil to relieve constipation.
3) Lemon benefits help digestion:
Lemon alleviates digestive problems when mixed with warm water. This helps nausea, heartburn. The liver secretes toxins from the bloodstream and converts them to free radicals.
Vitamin C in lemon is a powerful antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals. Lemon also helps digestion by stimulating the liver to produce more bile.
4) Lemon can fight cancer:
Lemon contains a compound called lemonoid which has been shown to stop cell division in cancer cells.
Cancer of the mouth, skin, lungs, breast, stomach and large intestine has proven to be relieved with the help of lemons.
5) Lemon can relieve rheumatoid and osteoarthritis:
Because of the anti-inflammatory properties of vitamin C in lemons, it has been shown to reduce symptoms of pain and swelling. 1-2 oz. Diluted lemon juice must be taken 3 times a day.
6) Lemon benefits for diabetes:Lemon contains a compound called hesperidin, which lowers blood sugar by increasing the activity of the glucokinase enzyme that metabolizes glucose from the bloodstream.
7) Lemon can prevent heart disease:Scientific research shows that intake of lemon juice has reduced serum total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol (bad).
8) Lemon Prevents Gallstones:The citric acid in lemon juice dissolves gallstones, calcium deposits, kidney stones, and pancreatic stones.
In Back to Eden, Jethro Kloss recommends taking 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, followed by 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil or vice versa on an empty stomach for 3 days.
9) Lemon Relieves sore throat:Use runny lemon juice (½ lemon ½ water) and rinse as often as possible. It's better to use it at full strength if possible.
10) Lemon Stops bleeding gums:Gently massage lemon juice into the gums a few minutes every day.
11) Lemon for Nosebleeds:If you have a nosebleed, place it on a cotton swab and apply it to the nostrils.
12) Use lemon if cut:Use it to provide quick help for cutting.
13) Lemon is very good for the skin: Good for acne.Apply lemon juice with fingers or cotton to the pimples, leave overnight then rinse the next morning.
Stain removal. Mix 1-2 lemons with banana puree and apply to the blotches for one hour.
Make a paste by combining lemon juice and salt, using it to rub dead skin cells on your elbows and thighs.
14) Lemon can be for hair:Remove residual buildup from the use of hair products, brighten dark hair and add golden or red highlights.
How to use:apply ½ lemon juice to the hair, sit in the sun for an hour or until it brightens the desired color, then shampoo and inner condition.
* Don't do it if your hair is very dry.
15) Lemon prevents mosquito bites:Squeeze lemon juice in mosquito bites to relieve itching and pain.
Squeeze the lemon juice on the window and the edge board and see the ant chasing to kill.
16) Lemon as Ant repellant:
17) Lemon is good for pregnant women:Consuming lemon juice during pregnancy builds strong baby bones and teeth.
18) Lemon for deodorizing:Use on hands to soften and remove strong odors, such as onions.
19) Lemon can be a Stain Removal:Use with salt to remove ink stains, rust, or fruit stains. Rub the stain with lemon juice then apply salt and put it in the sun.
How to prepare lemon juice so that the benefits can be maximized
1) Wash lemon with warm water and use vegetable washing if not planted organically to remove pesticide residues.
2) Roll on a flat surface with your palm, this will help to extract more juice
3) Cut it in half and remove the visible seeds, squeeze by hand or use a juicer.
Combining lemon with other natural ingredients1) To receive optimal lemon benefits, replace lemon juice with vinegar in your favorite salad sauce.
2) Combine extra virgin olive oil / or flaxseed oil, lemon juice, crushed garlic, minced onions, chopped red chili, sea salt (opt) and spices such as basil, parsley, oregano, dill or thyme.