Spectacular Ability of Turmeric in Preventing Cancer
Spectacular Ability of Turmeric inPreventing Cancer - One of my preventive steps is to take turmeric every day. Those of us who have gone through cancer trips, or have experience with cancer, will find turmeric as a cancer prevention method. There is a lot of information on the internet about turmeric and its benefits, but I want to share my experience with it. I will give a brief introduction to tumerics.
Turmeric contains curcumin, an active ingredient that has been linked to prevent and destroy cancer cells. Curcumin is a rather sticky yellow object when you slice turmeric. The healing properties of turmeric have been known for a long time now, especially for Chinese and Indians.
In India for at least 6000 years, turmeric has been used as a medicine, for beauty, cooking, spices, and coloring. For Chinese people, tumerics have been used to treat diseases of the spleen, stomach and liver for more than 1,000 years.
The Chinese have used it to stimulate and purify, and as antibiotics, anti-viruses, and analgesics. Tumeric, also known as Saffron India, is the root of the ginger family and grows mainly in South Asia.
Tumeric is commercially available in powder form. This is produced by boiling the roots and then dried in an oven. Dry turmeric is then ground into a bright orange-yellow powder. These are sold as seasonings and food additives.
People can use raw roots, which is my preference, or buy powdered form from the store if you only use it for cooking. However, if you consume it as a supplement, then I recommend doing research and buying it from a leading supplement manufacturer.
Making herbal supplements is not as regulated as a drug so the amount of curcumin may not be verified and it will affect its efficacy.
Turmeric has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Sometimes I have eczema on my skin and I use a powder form, make it into a paste and apply it to eczema. In some applications, eczema disappears.
This should be the anti-bacterial properties of turmeric in the workplace When applied, it is slightly stinging, and maybe active ingredients work. Tumerics have also been proven to help psoriasis. Research has proven that turmeric is effective against inflammatory reactions triggered by bacteria, Heliobacter pylori.
Many studies and articles have been written not only on cancer prevention properties, but also cancer killer properties of curcumin.
Research on curcumin shows promising results.
• Curcumin can kill cancer cells in laboratory dishes and also reduce the growth of living cells.
• Curcumin has also been found to reduce the development of some forms of cancer in laboratory animals, and shrink animal tumors.
• When combined with cauliflower, it has been proven to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer
• Curcumin is used in experimental mice and has been shown to prevent breast cancer from spreading to the lungs of mice.
• And has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in the tumor. This supports the theory of anti-angiogenesis. The idea of anti-angiogenesis is starvation of nutrients to cancer cells which will cause cancer cell apoptosis.
Turmeric is a natural herb, and because it is known to treat and prevent cancer, there is no reason not to try and use it regularly.