5 Benefits of Meditation You Can Experience Today
5 Benefits of Meditation You Can ExperienceToday - Men and women have been enjoying the benefits of meditation for a long, long time. It is of no surprise that those of us who meditate regularly enjoy healthier and more fulfilling lives than those who do not. Some try it once for 10 minutes and say it is no good.
The key with meditation is not so much the time spent meditating, but more the consistency. Ten minutes every day is better than 20 minutes 3 times a week. And I would also state for maximum results, every day practice is essential. Is it really that difficult to find just 15 minutes a day? With a little motivation it can become as much of your daily routine as brushing your teeth.
Read Also : Gym Has Extraordinary Health Benefits
There are different approaches to meditation and these in turn break down into sub categories. The essence of these varieties are essentially the same. The purpose is to raise our vibrational state and free ourselves from the trappings of the physical plain on which we live. What is raising our vibrational state? When we see a person's brain activity being recorded we see these as waves, or brainwaves.
They are frequencies. What we wish to achieve with meditation are higher frequencies. Every atom of your being is vibrating at a certain frequency. As we have the power of consciousness, we can use this to raise these vibrations. And it is very easy to do.
Lets take a look at 5 benefits for you to consider.
1. Scientific studies have shown meditation to increase the body's serotonin production. Serotonin is responsible for our moods and some of our social behavior. Low levels of serotonin can manifest itself in a number of ways, the most prevalent of which is depression.
It is also directly or indirectly linked to appetite, sleep, sexual desire and function, memory and learning ability and temperature regulation. If you have problems in any of these areas then it is fair to say anything that could increase your serotonin levels in a natural and healthy way has got to be worth a look.
2. There is no shortage of documented evidence of meditation reducing metabolic rates. The benefit here is that as a result, pressure on the heart is also reduced. The heart doesn't have to pump has hard as circulation becomes improved. This is effectively a drop in cholesterol levels. Less cholesterol means less free radicals.
Free radicals are unstable oxygen molecules that damage any cell within the body they come into contact with. So with less cell damage caused by free radicals, the aging process slows down! A great reason to meditate by itself.
3. Concentration ability increases. As we seen above, serotonin plays a part here. Our ability to focus can be somewhat hindered in our modern world, there are so many distractions. Meditating helps us regain our concentration by making us more alert to our environment and also sharpens our wits. We can learn new things with much more ease and better memory retention allows us to remember what we learn.
4. It is a cast iron scientific fact: We are all made of stars. Everything that makes up our world was created in a huge furnace just as it exploded, blasting all the known elements out into space. Some of these elements have coalesced to make up you.
There is so much we don't yet know about our Universe. We are living in exciting times because we are learning more and more at a fast pace. But we are undeniably made of it. There is a great ocean of consciousness in the ether and we have the ability to tap into it. The answers to all our questions are in the fabric of spacetime. Meditation can take you there.
5. It's free, healthy and safe. You may wish to splash out on a mat, but that is entirely up to you.
So we have taken just a brief look at psychological, physical and spiritual benefits. Meditation is such a powerful tool, and all we really need to invest in it is our time. And I know just how precious our time is.
Read Also : Aloe Vera - Health Benefits of Aloe Vera
By putting aside just 15 or 20 minutes a day for dedicated "me" time we can transform our entire lives. Every aspect, every little thing we do every single day, whether we love it or loathe it can be performed with less stress, more energy, more awareness and more understanding.
Personally, my life has improved 100 fold in the last four years since I began practicing. I know countless others who can say the same. Some of my family and friends thought I had lost it, ( some still do ) but those that are now converts know what all the fuss is about. There is no denying how things have got better for me so I guess they had to find out. But don't take my word or anyone else's word for it. Find out the benefits of meditation for yourself.