3 Types of Home Care for Nail Fungus
3 Types ofHome Care for Nail Fungus - The unsightly suffering, often embarrassing that turning nails into monsters can be more than a painful blow to the ego. Nail fungus infection is a serious cause that needs immediate attention.
Nail fungus, also known as onychomycosis, is a disease characterized by thick, discolored nails. In some cases, it can also be painful. More importantly, it poses a danger because fungal infections can also spread to other parts of the body besides nails.
There are many ointments and creams that are freely available, but most of them prove to be ineffective in cases of acute fungal infections. Oral medications, on the other hand, take a long time to complete and can even pose a serious threat to the liver. For this reason, some people prefer to treat disease in their private home space using available materials.
People who suffer from nail fungus should consume yogurt which is a source of rich probiotic bacteria to fight infection. On the other hand, they must stay away from sugar, dairy products, alcohol, vinegar, malt products, mushrooms, processed meat and dried fruit and fruit juices.
2. Homemade Solutions
Tea tree oil is an antiseptic that is popular in many personal hygiene products. It is also a strong anti-fungal agent. Apply tea tree oil every day mixed with olive oil, or pure, onto infected nails after cleaning thoroughly.
Or, prepare the same mixture of tea tree oil and lavender oil and spread it on infected nails and surrounding skin 2 to 3 times a day.
Oregano essential oil is also a strong antiseptic and fungicide. Mix 2 drops of oil into one teaspoon of olive oil and rub it on the affected area every day for a maximum of 3 weeks.
Vinegar is one of the more popular home remedies against nail fungus. Prepare a solution of vinegar and warm water with a ratio of 1: 2 and soak the feet for about 20 minutes. Rinse and dry feet afterwards. Vinegar has been proven in research to inhibit fungal growth.
Another popular treatment is Vicks VapoRub. There is no consensus on how this product should be applied even though there are many claims that this product is very effective when used in conjunction with other drugs.
Some people swear by the antiseptic properties of Listerine mouthwash as a good medicine for nail fungal infections. Use those that have not been dissolved as a nail soak, rinse and dry thoroughly.
Hygiene plays a very important role for effective prevention and treatment.
- Always keep your feet clean, dry and well-ventilated. Always wear new socks. The air comes out from the feet occasionally to keep it dry. Wear shoes that don't cramp your toes. Use antifungal powder for protection.
- Wet public places become breeding grounds for mushrooms. Always remember to wash your feet carefully after using a public shower, swimming pool and changing room.
- Avoid sharing personal items with anyone who has been infected with this disease.
- Be careful not to pierce the skin around the nails which can be a potential access point for fungi.
- Use gloves to prevent your hands from getting too wet. Dry the inside of your glove after use.
- Keep your nails neat and cut straight.