Various Benefits of Drinking Water That You Should Know
Various Benefits of Drinking Water That You Should Know - Too Many Benefits of drinking water, and not a trivial thing, as many think. Among the main benefits of drinking water is to prevent the body from dehydration, maintain the freshness of the skin, protect the nerves and tissues of the body, and support muscles and joints.
Besides water, such as soft drinks, various types of glasses are categorized as drinks that contain high sugar and calories so that you can gain weight. Drinking energy drinks as a source of fluids is very bad because they contain sugar and caffeine that are not needed by the body. Likewise, always pay attention to the product labels before consuming them with packaged fruit juices.
The importance of water
The content of pure water and free from sugar and calories is the healthiest choice to keep the body still having enough fluids while overcoming thirst anytime.
In addition, drinking water also benefits other body functions, including:
- Maintain body fluid levels or preventing dehydration so that the body does not experience disturbances in the digestive process and absorption of food, circulation, kidneys, and is essential in maintaining average body temperature.
- Helps energize muscles and lubricate joints to remain flexible. Fluid imbalances can trigger fatigue in the muscles.
- Helps control the body's calorie intake. Drinking water is far better at preventing weight gain than drinks high in calories.
- Maintain the skin's freshness so that the skin does not look dry and wrinkled.
- Protect the spinal cord and sensitive tissues in other bodies.
- Helps process the removal of food and beverage remnants through sweat, urine, and dirt.
What is the Normal Size for Not Lacking Liquid?
The fluid requirements of each person vary. In adults, the recommended water consumption is around eight glasses measuring 230 ml per day or 2 liters.
Besides drinking water, it turns out, food also contributes to fluid intake in the body, which is about 20%. Food sources derived from fruits and vegetables, such as spinach and watermelon, contain 90% water.
To find out if the body lacks fluids it's relatively easy. People who lack fluids will usually feel thirsty, and urine is more concentrated than usual.
Other symptoms that may also be felt when the body is not adequately hydrated are feeling dizzy, headache, mouth, lips, and eyes feel dry, urinating with a rare amount and intensity, lack of energy, and fatigue.
No less important, it is necessary to note some special conditions and activities that make the body need more water than usual, including:
- Exercise or be physically active.
- Having a fever, diarrhea, or vomiting.
- The weather is scorching.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding. Pregnant women are advised to consume about 2.4 liters of water a day, while breastfeeding women drink about 3.1 liters of water per day.
Tips for Meeting Water Needs Every Day
Several tips can be done to get the benefits of drinking water as described above, namely:
- Try to get used to drinking water every meal or when eating snacks.
- Provide a glass or bottle containing drinking water on a table or bag that you carry during daily activities. Thus, you will remember to consume it.
- You can add flavor to the water to make it taste better. One of them is by adding fruit slices as in infused water drinks.
According to the Indonesian Ministry of Health, several provisions for drinking water are feasible and safe for consumption. Namely, water that has no taste, smell, or color, does not contain bacteria and does not contain chemicals that exceed the permitted limits.
Also, don't forget to ensure that potable water is consumed and meets health standards to avoid diseases caused by drinking contaminated water. Get the benefits of drinking water for health by consuming water regularly every day and completing it with a healthy lifestyle.