5 Super Benefits That Vitamins Can Provide
5 Super Benefits That Vitamins Can Provide - Vitamins are required by your body to perform a number of essential functions. However, many people are unclear when it comes to the exact benefits that vitamins can provide. That is why in this article I am going to outline five of the super benefits you can enjoy by getting enough vitamins.
1) HEALTHY VISION:- Vitamin A and vitamin B2 are both needed for healthy vision. Without getting enough of these vitamins you can suffer from a variety of vision problems.
In the worst cases a deficiency can lead to a condition called night blindness where you cannot see in the dark.
2) HEALTHY GROWTH:- Many of the B-complex vitamins are essential for the production of new cells. Furthermore, vitamins B9 and B12 are required so that deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) and ribonucleic acid (RNA) can be created.
DNA and RNA both contain important genetic information which contains instructions that are needed to create new cells. Failure to get enough of any of these vitamins can potentially lead to growth problems.
3) WOUND HEALING:- Vitamin B5, vitamin C and vitamin K all help your wounds heal properly. A number of studies have shown that vitamin B5 can help wounds heal properly. Vitamin C assists with the production of the connective tissue collagen which is required to heal all types of wound.
Vitamin K is needed so that your blood can clot properly. Not getting adequate amounts of any of these vitamins may prevent various types of wounds from healing properly.
4) STRONG BONES:- Vitamin A and vitamin D both help your body create strong, healthy bones. Failure to get enough of these two vitamins can lead to a number of bone related problems such as osteoporosis (which causes reduced bone density) and rickets (which causes your bones to swell and fracture).
5) STRONG IMMUNE SYSTEM:- All the B-complex vitamins have been linked with helping your immune system stay strong. Vitamin C helps the body produce white blood cells which fight viruses and infections.
Vitamin E stimulates the production of B cells which destroy bacteria. Not consuming enough of these vitamins can lead to a weak immune system and make you more susceptible to infection.
I hope this article has given you a better understanding of exactly what vitamins do and the health benefits they provide. Without vitamins your wounds would not heal, your body could not produce new cells and it would also be unable to perform many more vital functions.
Therefore, to ensure that you enjoy all the benefits discussed in this article make sure your diet contains plenty of vitamin rich foods.